We'd like to take this opportunity to announce a new and exciting update to our CFD offering.
After February 28, 2014 your indices and commodities will be available to trade in smaller amounts. Minimum Trade Size of .1 lots will be available. This will occur in 2 phases.
For clients on BT shared MT4 servers, or BT managed Dedicated MT4 servers, BT will make the necessary MT4 symbol and group updates.
- Phase 1: MT4 Symbol level change will be completed on February 28th.
- Phase 2:The next week, Group Modifications will enable CFD Mini-Lot Trades. Clients will be notified after this step.
- Dealing Desk Groups will ONLY be enabled for CFD Mini-Lot Trades upon request only via the BT Back Office Group Modification Form.
For clients who manage their own MT4 servers:
- Phase 1: Must update their own MT4 Symbol level changes on February 28th. We will supply them with the necessary instructions shortly.
- Phase 2: Modify MT4 Group settings to reflect the changes.Can be completed anytime after Phase 1.
CHANGES TO EXPECT AFTER FEBRUARY 28, 2014
- MT4 margin requirements and PnL are unchanged.
- The minimum trade size is 0.1 lot (previously 1 lot).
- In the BT Back Office, 1 lot in MT4 will be displayed as 10 contracts.
For trades opened before February 28th, and are still open after the change, they will be updated in Back Office to reflect the new value.
The current minimum trade sizes for HKO43 and JPN225 are 10 and 100, respectively. After February 28th, the minimum trade size will reduce to 1 and 10. There will be no other changes to Back Office or MT4 for these two symbols.
If you have any questions please contact your Account Manager.